Special Dungeons (also known by fans as Tower Events) are a type of event that puts players against series of powerful familiars and bosses known as Tower Bosses.
All familiars found in dungeons resemble regular ones, but have higher stats when faced and new abilities. Their names are typically followed by a "+" symbol. They can be captured and levelled as per normal, but cannot be evolved, and their stats are typically lower once captured.
In Special Dungeons, the player's goal is to ascend a tower. The tower is comprised of various zones (dungeons) which follow a linear path, and contain one group of familiars every other step. As the player completes each zone, the strength of the familiars faced increases. At the end of some of these areas, a boss or mini-boss awaits. All familiars in this event, including bosses, can be captured (using Blood Meals or Heartsbloods).
There are two ways to obtain points: killing familiars and capturing familiars. At higher zones, familiars are worth more when killed. Bosses give a large bonus when killed. Bosses can also be captured, and will provide more points than regular familiars.
Special Dungeons 12
The Double Capture Points Bonus (usually granted the last three days of the event) was replaced by the Double Vanquish Points Bonus thats active for the first three days of the event.
Special Dungeons 13
The Double Capture Points Bonus has been revived and sets in for the last four days of the event additionally to the Double Vanquish Points Bonus which is still active for the first three days.
Rift of Worlds
At random intervals, the Rift of Worlds Familiar may spawn for a limited time and appear randomly among normal familiars. If captured, it is worth a large amount of points.
Dungeons & Bosses
Special Dungeons 1-10
For Special Dungeons 10 and preceding, three towers/dungeons awaited the players:
- The Novice's Tower: for beginners (5 floors). Familiars attack in groups of 3. The boss is a Uncommon Familiar and awaits at the 5th floor as a boss.
- The Squire's Tower: for advanced players (5 floors). Familiars attack in groups of 4. The boss is a Uncommon Familiar and awaits at the 5th floor as a boss.
- The Knight's Tower: for experts (11 floors). Familiars attack in groups of 5. The boss, a Rare Familiar, awaits at the 5th floor, and at each floor until the 11th. This boss becomes more powerful at each floor.
Special Dungeons 11-14
Starting from Special Dungeons 11, two new types of towers/dungeons were introduced that replaced the previous three:
- Keystone Tower: normal tower (10 floors). Familiars first attack in groups of 3, then 4, then 5 the higher you ascend. Bosses are present on the 2nd and 5th-10th floors. Keystone Shards are awarded at various zones in the tower.
- Magic Tower: the familiars in this tower will debuff ATK (10 floors). Familiars first attack in groups of 3, then 4, then 5 the higher you ascend. Bosses are present on the 2nd and 5th-10th floors. Magic Shards are awarded at various zones in the tower.
Special Dungeons 12-14
Starting from Special Dungeons 12, a third type of tower/dungeon was introduced:
- Vault of Trials: a zone between the Keystone and Magic towers (1 floor). It holds three bosses that must be fought one after the other. Three Tower Coins are required to enter the Vault.
Special Dungeons 14
Special Dungeons 15
Special Dungeons 15 returned to the 3 tower style, as Special Dungeons 1-10.
Special Dungeons 16-Present
List of Events
Pages in category "Special Dungeons"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
Blog articles in category "Special Dungeons"
There is one blog article in this category.