Special Dungeons were introduced to the game on July 12th, 2012. They are the second event to have been added to the game.
Special Dungeons have the player entering various dungeons facing off against series of powerful familiars and Bosses to earn points. Most bosses and familiars during the event can be captured using Blood Meals or Heartsbloods for even more points.
The familiars encountered in dungeons resemble regular ones, but have higher stats other skills. Their names are typically followed by a "+" symbol.
Note regarding afflictions: 100% affliction skills such as Torrent of Venom do not feature a 100% chance of poisoning Bosses. Specifically, the chance to poison a boss is 1/5 of the normal chance. For example, if an attack has 40% chance to poison normally, that attack will only have 8% chance to poison a boss. The same applies to most other afflictions.
Following details as of Frost Beast's Lair.
The Realm of the Damned; an area corrupted by dark forces and plagued by the roving undead. Conquer boss in the 1st dungeon for a chance to loot Dark Stones. Use these six Pieces of Dark Stones which permit you to enter the 2nd dungeon. The doors of the 3rd dungeon open only after you have collected 3 Grand Stones from the 2nd dungeon. Earn huge amount of points when defeating the bosses in 4th dungeon. Collect 3 Obsidian Stones from 3rd dungeon to enter the 4th dungeon. Within the treacherous 3rd dungeon and 4th dungeon lie dangerous bosses; are you ready to face them?
Higher difficulty cemeteries give you a higher chance to loot key items after defeating bosses and a higher capture rate of the enemies that overshadow these areas. Collect Dark Stones from 1st dungeon for entry into the 2nd dungeon, where you can get both Dark and Grand Stones.
Earn points during this event by defeating foes and bosses in the event areas. You can also earn points by capturing them. Rare rewards await those who earn enough points! The more points the better!
Rift of WorldsRift of Worlds stalk the cemetery. Defeat the Rift of Worlds among the throngs of enemies for massive event points. Slay as many as you can while they stalk!
When a Rift of Worlds spawns, a timer appears above the cemetery map. The countdown continues even if the app is closed.
Timers are given for rifts vary by day: 8 minutes - early in the event, usually the first 2 days 10 minutes - middle of the event, usually the middle 2 days 12 minutes - late in the event, usually the last 2 days
When the event ends, players are ranked by their point totals. High ranking players receive special rewards, so don't get left behind! Ranking rewards will be distributed in the wagon within seven days of the end of the event.
You can only choose ten of your allies to become Event Allies. You share 10% of your vanquish points and 30% of your capture points with your Event Allies. In return, you receive 10% of your Event Allies' vanquish points, and 30% of their capture points. Collect points from your Event Allies by tapping the "Event Allies" button while in a zone. In addition, if one of your Event Allies encounters a Rift of Worlds, so will you, and vice versa.
- Only points earned after becoming event allies are shared.
- Once someone is your event ally, they will remain so for the duration of the event.
- Event allies are automatically removed at the end of the event.
- Any uncollected points are automatically collected at the end of the event. Any point rewards received at that time will be placed in your wagon.
- You only earn points in event zones.
- To return from an event area to a normal area, withdraw from the event area and tap the Adventure button on the Home screen, or tap the Main Area button on the Event Area screen.
- All points accumulated during the event will affect player rankings.
- Rankings get updated at odd intervals, so the ranking you see in the cemetery may be different from the one when the event is over. We appreciate your understanding.
|Elixir||Crystals||Wereheart Shard||Beastheart Shard||Mandrake Leaf||Scarlet Coin||Heartsblood||Event||Multi-Event|
Special Dungeons 12
The Double Capture Points Bonus (usually granted the last three days of the event) was replaced by the Double Vanquish Points Bonus which is active for the first three days of the event.
Special Dungeons 13
The Double Capture Points Bonus has been revived and sets in for the last four days of the event additionally to the Double Vanquish Points Bonus which is still active for the first three days.
Dungeon Layout & Bosses
Special Dungeons 1 - 10
For Special Dungeons 10 and preceding, three towers/dungeons awaited the players:
- The Novice's Tower: for beginners (5 floors). Familiars attack in groups of 3. The boss is a Uncommon Familiar and awaits at the 5th floor as a boss.
- The Squire's Tower: for advanced players (5 floors). Familiars attack in groups of 4. The boss is a Uncommon Familiar and awaits at the 5th floor as a boss.
- The Knight's Tower: for experts (11 floors). Familiars attack in groups of 5. The boss, a Rare Familiar, awaits at the 5th floor, and at each floor until the 11th. This boss becomes more powerful at each floor.
Special Dungeons 11 - 14
Starting from Special Dungeons 11, two new types of towers/dungeons were introduced that replaced the previous three:
- Keystone Tower: normal tower (10 floors). Familiars first attack in groups of 3, then 4, then 5 the higher you ascend. Bosses are present on the 2nd and 5th-10th floors. Keystone Shards are awarded at various zones in the tower.
- Magic Tower: the familiars in this tower will debuff ATK (10 floors). Familiars first attack in groups of 3, then 4, then 5 the higher you ascend. Bosses are present on the 2nd and 5th-10th floors. Magic Shards are awarded at various zones in the tower.
Special Dungeons 12 - 14
Starting from Special Dungeons 12, a third type of tower/dungeon was introduced:
- Vault of Trials: a zone between the Keystone and Magic towers (1 floor). It holds three bosses that must be fought one after the other. Three Tower Coins are required to enter the Vault.
Special Dungeons 14
Special Dungeons 15
Special Dungeons 15 returned to the 3 tower style, as Special Dungeons 1-10.
Special Dungeons 16
- First Special Dungeon to have the reward Legendary (Ghislandi, the Unchained) as a vault boss.
- Vault structure was changed, instead of fighting 4 bosses, you fight 6 bosses.
- This is the first tower event where boss can be captured starting from first floor (on previous tower events, boss could be caught starting from the 5th floor).
- Vault of Trials layout was changed back to 4 boss fights, from the 6 boss fights that has been present since Special Dungeons 23.
Vault structure has been changed to 7 boss fights instead of 4 boss fights.
|Battle 1||Battle 2||Battle 3||Battle 4||Battle 5||Battle 6||Battle 7|
|Tower Boss||Tower Boss||Tower Boss||Tower Boss||Rare||Legendary Reward||3 Legendary Bosses|
The "Sanctum of the Fallen" was introduced, and themes and designs for the towers started changing each event.
The 7th battle in the Vault and 6th battle in the sanctum have been replaced with a single fam encounter. One of following 3 uncommon fams can be encountered:
- Dragon Egg (Capturable)
- Goblin Gambler (Capturable & Chance to obtain blood-bound Heartsblood)
- Gorilla Gladiator (Non-Capturable)
The familiars encountered in the 7th battle in the Vault and 6th battle have changed. Those battles have been remained to Catch me if you can. Also the Catch me if you can battle in the Sanctum offers a small chance to encounter another capturable EP1 reward. This allows for lucky players to obtain 2 Soulstones from 1 Sanctum run. The familiars that can be encountered during Catch me if you can:
- Ratatoskr (Capturable)
- Woods Witch (Capturable & Chance to obtain blood-bound Heartsblood)
- Exorcist Lancer (Non-Capturable)
- EP1 reward (Only in Sanctum & Capturable (turns into Soulstone)
Starting from The Blighted Cemetery the 3 towers were replaced by:
- Burial Grounds: Main Boss vulnerable to ATK-based damage, highly resistant to WIS/AGI-based damage.
- Ruined Graveyard: Main Boss highly susceptible to Freeze but is resistant to all other afflictions.
- Haunted Boneyard: Main Boss striking fear in all who cross its path, it reduces the skill trigger rate of its foes.
Each area has three difficulty levels and a boss with a different dark power.
Also the Vault of Trials and Sanctum of the Fallen have different names by events.
Vault structure has been changed to 12 boss fights instead of 7 boss fights. Also the EP1 reward can now be captured in the Vault without having to enter the Sanctum.
|Battle 1||Battle 2||Battle 3||Battle 4||Battle 5||Battle 6||Battle 7||Battle 8||Battle 9||Battle 10||Battle 11||Battle 12|
|Tower Boss||Tower Boss||Rare||Catch me if you can||1 Epic||2 Epics||3 Epics||Catch me if you can||Legendary Reward||2 Legendaries||3 Legendaries||Catch me if you can|
Chance for EP1 reward
Sanctum structure has been changed to 4 boss fights instead of 7 boss fights.
|Battle 1||Battle 2||Battle 3||Battle 4|
|Tower Boss||Tower Boss||Tower Boss||Tower Boss|
The Perilous Desert - Present
Instead of 3 different cemeteries, there is only 1 cemetery, that has to be done to obtain Dark Stones. A 2nd Dungeon has been added instead which has to be cleared to obtain Grand Stones for entering the Vault. This 2nd Dungeon features the Legendary reward as the main boss. To enter this 2nd Dungeon, Dark Stones are required. Entering the sanctum (4th dungeon) now requires Obsidian Stones which can be obtained from the Vault (3rd dungeon).
Vault structure has been changed back to 7 boss fights instead of 12 boss fights.
|Battle 1||Battle 2||Battle 3||Battle 4||Battle 5||Battle 6||Battle 7|
|1 Rare||1 Epic + 1 Rare||3 Epics||2 Legendaries||3 Legendaries||Catch me if you can|
Chance for EP1 reward
List of Events
Pages in category "Special Dungeons"
The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total.
Blog articles in category "Special Dungeons"
There is one blog article in this category.