Special Dungeons (also known by fans as Tower Events) are a type of event that puts players against series of powerful familiars and bosses known as Tower Bosses.
All familiars found in dungeons resemble regular ones, but have higher stats when faced and new abilities. Their names are typically followed by a "+" symbol. They can be captured and levelled as per normal, but cannot be evolved, and their stats are typically lower once captured.
In Special Dungeons, the player's goal is to ascend a tower. The tower is comprised of various zones (dungeons) which follow a linear path, and contain one group of familiars every other step. As the player completes each zone, the strength of the familiars faced increases. At the end of some of these areas, a boss or mini-boss awaits. All familiars in this event, including bosses, can be captured (using Blood Meals or Heartsbloods).
Furthermore, a player can choose the difficulty level from Novice, Advanced and Expert, by tower.
There are three ways to obtain points: killing or capturing familiars and shared points. At higher zones, familiars are worth more when killed or captured. Bosses give a large bonus when killed, as well as being captured, and will provide more points than regular familiars.
- Shared Points
These points are accumulated during the event and can be claimed at any point, once an ally has killed or captured familiars. Unclaimed points will still be rewarded and will be used to determine ranking during end of event calculation. While an ally may claim 100% of their own points, a percentage of the points obtained are reflected to an allies point count as follows:
- 10% of the total Vanquish Points obtained can be shared with event allies.
- 30% of the total Capture Points obtained can be shared with event allies.
Special Dungeons 12
The Double Capture Points Bonus (usually granted the last three days of the event) was replaced by the Double Vanquish Points Bonus thats active for the first three days of the event.
Special Dungeons 13
The Double Capture Points Bonus has been revived and sets in for the last four days of the event additionally to the Double Vanquish Points Bonus which is still active for the first three days.
|Elixir||Crystals||Wereheart Shard||Beastheart Shard||Mandrake Leaf||Scarlet Coin||Heartsblood||Event||Multi-Event|
At random intervals, a rift can be opened. During rift time, the Rift of Worlds may spawn and appear randomly among enemy brigades. If captured, it is worth a large amount of points. The rift can also spawn for an event ally, as long as they are playing simultaneously with the spawned rift.
Two separate timers are given for each rift:
- 10 minutes - early in the event, usually the first 3 days
- 12 minutes - late in the event, usually the last day
Dungeons & Bosses
Special Dungeons 1-10
For Special Dungeons 10 and preceding, three towers/dungeons awaited the players:
- The Novice's Tower: for beginners (5 floors). Familiars attack in groups of 3. The boss is a Uncommon Familiar and awaits at the 5th floor as a boss.
- The Squire's Tower: for advanced players (5 floors). Familiars attack in groups of 4. The boss is a Uncommon Familiar and awaits at the 5th floor as a boss.
- The Knight's Tower: for experts (11 floors). Familiars attack in groups of 5. The boss, a Rare Familiar, awaits at the 5th floor, and at each floor until the 11th. This boss becomes more powerful at each floor.
Special Dungeons 11-14
Starting from Special Dungeons 11, two new types of towers/dungeons were introduced that replaced the previous three:
- Keystone Tower: normal tower (10 floors). Familiars first attack in groups of 3, then 4, then 5 the higher you ascend. Bosses are present on the 2nd and 5th-10th floors. Keystone Shards are awarded at various zones in the tower.
- Magic Tower: the familiars in this tower will debuff ATK (10 floors). Familiars first attack in groups of 3, then 4, then 5 the higher you ascend. Bosses are present on the 2nd and 5th-10th floors. Magic Shards are awarded at various zones in the tower.
Special Dungeons 12-14
Starting from Special Dungeons 12, a third type of tower/dungeon was introduced:
- Vault of Trials: a zone between the Keystone and Magic towers (1 floor). It holds three bosses that must be fought one after the other. Three Tower Coins are required to enter the Vault.
Special Dungeons 14
Special Dungeons 15
Special Dungeons 15 returned to the 3 tower style, as Special Dungeons 1-10.
Special Dungeons 16
- First Special Dungeon to have the reward Legendary (Ghislandi, the Unchained) as a vault boss.
- Vault structure was changed, instead of fighting 4 bosses, you fight 6 bosses.
- This is the first tower event where boss can be captured starting from first floor (on previous tower events, boss could be caught starting from the 5th floor).
- Vault of Trials layout was changed back to 4 boss fights, from the 6 boss fights that has been present since Special Dungeons 23.
Vault structure has been changed to 7 boss fights instead of 4 boss fights.
|Battle 1||Battle 2||Battle 3||Battle 4||Battle 5||Battle 6||Battle 7|
|Tower Boss||Tower Boss||Tower Boss||Tower Boss||Random Rare||Random Legendary||3 Legendary Bosses|
The "Sanctum of the Fallen" was introduced, and themes and designs for the towers started changing each event.
The Blighted Cemetery
Starting from The Blighted Cemetery the 3 towers were replaced by:
- Burial Grounds: Main Boss vulnerable to ATK-based damage, highly resistant to WIS/AGI-based damage.
- Ruined Graveyard: Main Boss highly susceptible to Freeze but is resistant to all other afflictions.
- Haunted Boneyard: Main Boss striking fear in all who cross its path, it reduces the skill trigger rate of its foes.
Each area has three difficulty levels and a boss with a different dark power.
Also the Vault of Trials and Sanctum of the Fallen have different names by events.
List of Events
Pages in category "Special Dungeons"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
Blog articles in category "Special Dungeons"
There is one blog article in this category.